Are you on the brink of making key decisions about your future career and your education? If you’re
already an extremely talented performer who wants to develop a career as well as achieving your
HSC, then consider joining us for the leading, integrated academic and performing arts course for Years 9-12.
Performing arts school: Pre-professionals’ Program at the Brent Street Academy
Designed for high school aged, talented young people who want to become top professionals, particularly in musical theatre and commercial dance, this audition-only, full-time course integrates both academic subjects and performing arts.
High school age performing arts program: What we cover
- The academic curriculum supports a career focus and fully covers the academic basics.
- HSC subjects are provided through a relationship with OTEN, part of the Western Sydney Institute of TAFE.
- Each day consists of three hours of performing arts and three hours of academic classes.
- Students are supported by a supervised homework club and tutorial sessions at flexible times with face-to-face specialist teachers acting as tutors.
- The diverse performing arts curriculum covers performing arts, musical theatre, jazz, hip hop, contemporary, drama, classical ballet, acting, singing/music theory, and acrobatics.
Auditions for performing arts high school aged students
Are held throughout the year for Brent Street's performing arts course for high school aged students, the Brent Street Academy. Register for Brent Street Academy auditions here.
Download your copy of the Course Information Guide 2013 here: